It’s time for Episode 12 of the Relentless: Real People, Real Results, Real World podcast:
State of Relentless:
- Press: Train along with our public Spartan Training workouts via Philly.com. Last week? Bodyweight manipulation. This week? Building race volume.
- Video: Strength Authority Pam Leary takes you through a 1-minute bodyweight workout video aka her “Minute of Manipulation”.
- Podcast: The Tony Federico podcast interview talking about reversing rock bottom, properly dosing your exercise, and keeping it real.
- Next up on the interview front: Marissa Pellegrino aka “Relentless Riss”.
Relentless Main Event:
- Addressing your work/life balance, incorporating fun into your everyday, and appreciating the long-term.
- Using the examples of exercise, nutrition, and your professional life to break down why not having fun is a short-term, losing strategy. (Why do diets usually fail?)
- Two strategies to have more fun:
- Literally do it. Get creative and find ways within your “work and workouts” to incorporate it.
- For the brutally hard or mundane tasks that are inevitable, change your perspective. Focus on how these activities are benefiting you – that can be fun!
- (Bonus #3) Change what you’re doing altogether if 1 & 2 are impossible.
- Mind: Eliminate fear factors by addressing them and repping them over and over again prior to your “race day”, whether that be a Spartan Race or work presentation.
- Body: Focus on your posture – especially those of you with desk jobs. Put a piece of tape on your desk chair and perform the postural exercise described on the podcast every time you sit down.
- Business: Become more proactive and less reactive.
Follow me on Instagram @iam_relentless!
If you like what you hear on these episodes, rate, review, and/or subscribe on iTunes. Thanks for your support!