It’s time for Episode 17 of the Relentless: Real People, Real Results, Real World podcast:
- Listen to the episode on iTunes.
- Download the episode via this link.
- Tune in via the player below:
State of Relentless:
- Press: Train along with our public Spartan Training workouts via Philly.com. Last week? Self care and maintenance. This week? Race level intensity.
- Podcast: Blast from the past: Episode #7 with Keith Norris (Part II).
- Event: An awesome video from this weekend’s Spartan training race at Steve’s Club.
- Next up on the interview front: Tony Federico Part II.
Relentless Main Event:
The purpose of exercise is to elicit a desired response.
Take a moment to consider your desired response, as this dictates the quantity and quality of exercise you should be doing.
Several goal categories:
- Health: bone density/functional movements = strength training, heart health = activity, walking, cardiovascular output
- Fitness/Performance: sport specific training
- Energy: complement your lifestyle, don’t overtax yourself
- Body Transformation: complement your nutrition, strength/sprint/duration combo
- Mind: Keith Norris: “The body and the brain develop simultaneously. If you take one of the stimuli away or you dumb down one of the stimuli, the others are going to suffer.” Consider and develop your mental game.
- Body: Put one form of self care into action (e.g. foam rolling/soft tissue work, float tanks/salt baths)
- Business: Find other like-minded, inspirational, and reliable business owners and connect with them. Think abundance, not scarcity.
Tell one friend or family member about this podcast. THANK YOU for taking listenership up almost 100% in October!
If you like what you hear on these episodes, rate, review, and/or subscribe on iTunes. Thanks for your support!