It’s time for Episode 22 of the Relentless: Real People, Real Results, Real World podcast:
- Listen to the episode on iTunes.
- Download the episode via this link.
- Tune in via the player below:
- Shouting out our recent Relentless rockstars – Brittany, Dave, and Pam.
- Reflecting on the last episode of the Relentless podcast when I was put on the hotseat.
- Talking morning and evening routines:
- Morning: “No matter how early I train at the studio, I always leave myself 45-minutes or more of calm in a reading chair.”
- Evening: “No matter how late it is, I always turn on a reading lamp and read a few pages of fiction before closing the eyes.”
Relentless Main Event:
- Thanksgiving health and fitness: It’s an individual journey. Period. No one can or should pass judgement on anyone else without considering context (and headlines and snap advice rarely do).
- The idea of aligning expectations and actions and having no regrets.
- Three concrete ways to do this:
- Keep your workouts consistent while eating/drinking is inconsistent.
- Think ahead and decide what is worth it to you and what are the mindless triggers that lead to regrets later.
- Declare a “hard stop” after your indulgence(s).
- Mind: Employ the power of teamwork.
- Body: Lift heavy things. If new to the game, put into action a simple routine of pull, deadlift, push, and squat/lunge (described in the audio).
- Business: Take a step back during holiday downtime and consider the forest, not the trees.
No ask – only a big thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!
If you like what you hear on these episodes, rate, review, and/or subscribe on iTunes. Thanks for your support!